Drive By IWC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Strange Fit

2 posters

Go down

A Strange Fit Empty A Strange Fit

Post by Robstar Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:46 pm

So as we all know by now, Seth Rollins has split from The Shield and joined Evolution. He seems a strange fit to me. While we can speculate endlessly about why he was chosen - the most bandied about idea is that he was the swerve from the more obvious choices of Ambrose or Reigns.

Now, I wasn't in attendance for Evolutions original run so I have always looked strangely at people who talk about them being one of the best factions ever. To me they always seemed like Haitch was trying to do his own version of the Horsemen for WWE. And sure, they dominated during their original run but anything to do with HHH would have (and did) been the center of all things happening. 

In any case, I've decided I'm not really a fan of stables being rehashed as it always seems to muddy the memory of the original. I cannot think of one instance where it actually made it any better. And this time around with Evolution I'm not feeling it either.

For starters, Batista seems like he's only there out of obligation. He's not feeling this either, it's clear. I wouldn't be surprised to see him reject Evolution upon his return and maybe for a Blue Man Group of his own. Actually, that's not a bad idea. But keep Ambrose and Reigns out of it, get some other guys instead.

However, to me Rollins is a strange fit in Evolution. If we're going back to the old story of there being a young up-and-coming buck in the group then all I can think of is.......did you see what happened last time? To BOTH guys? Both Orton and Batista were turned on and dumped from the group at some stage, weren't they? Don't tell me HHH has some new idea now because I doubt he does. But that's for laters.....

Rollins needs to get that stupid streak out of his hair, unless he has plans on joining some pseudo-emo-grunge-nu metal band. And that's just for starters. I just can't picture Rollins pulling off a suit however. My guess is he's there for the spots. Help take the load off the lumbering HHH and the boring Orton.

What do you all think of Rollins addition to Snorevolution?  Question
Robstar
Robstar
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

A Strange Fit Empty Re: A Strange Fit

Post by CGBigMan Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:53 pm

All we can hope is that this ignited enough heat for a heel push for Rollins, given that Orton and Batistas careers shot off even after being dumped from Evolution, 

What im unsure about is where this leaves Ambrose with Reigns likely to get his massive babyface push sometime soon, unless they give Shield another member (Witch has to be someone from NXT if they do, not something like a returning Punk)

With Ambrose he seems in the middle, i dont see him as a fface and Rollins has been established as the heel
CGBigMan
CGBigMan
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum